Thursday, November 10, 2016

Trump Schlongs America

Welcome friends!

Damn.  I was really looking forward to taking a long hot shower to wash away the filth of the seemingly endless presidential campaign season and lo and behold it looks like we’re destined to suffer through at least another four years of ugliness, self serving lies, egotistical boasting, insults, bullying, pouting, pussy grabbing, bigotry, misogyny, unbridled greed, and ignorant inane bullshit of every description.  No, I’m not talking about the scary drug addled old hobo who hangs out behind the convenience store.  I’m talking about the president-elect of the USA.  It’s a new thing.  Never really had anyone like that in the Oval Office before.  Trumpkins must be celebrating at Klan rallies and Neo-Nazi hoe-downs in small towns and farming communities all across the country.  Well, I suppose I might as well put off bathing for the next several years.  When our unfolding national nightmare finally ends in four or possibly eight years I’ll head off to a nice health spa for a months long regimen of cleansing and detoxification.  Too bad we can’t so easily wash away the stain on our national history.  George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, and now … drumroll please …. Donald Trump!  No soap in the world can remove that unsightly blemish from our list of presidents.  Nope.  It’s there forever or at least as long as they keep records of such things.  Well, maybe it serves us right.  I think some of us had begun developing a certain degree of optimism about the future.  Impatient at the rate of change perhaps but confident we were inching in the right direction.  Perhaps it’s for the best in the long run we’re reminded now what a comically backward self destructive fascistic banana republic much of our population wishes fervently to create.  I was looking forward to the election cycle ending so I could get back to discussing some other things but now it’s ended I’m too depressed and sick at heart to talk about much beyond the impending national calamity about to overtake us so let’s just take a few minutes to mourn together.

Was I being overly dramatic just then?  How bad can it be really?  I guess that was a silly question.  It can be very bad.  Very very bad.  If President-elect Clown manages to deliver on even a small fraction of the idiotic claptrap he’s been peddling the past several months or in many cases years we’re well and truly screwed... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!