Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Future Is Vegan

Welcome friends!

Plenty of sound and fury in the news recently but nothing to exercise the mind to any great degree so I thought I might as well take a few moments to complete a thought I started a few weeks ago in my post on animal rights.  (February 19, 2015.)  In that post I broached the issue of the ethical responsibilities we humans have toward our non-human fellow creatures.  This week I’d like to say a few words about a natural offshoot of that issue: this whole business of eating other animals.  As you may have guessed I’m not a big fan.  I don’t really want to get into the ethics of the issue in any serious way again so soon but I thought I might just run through some common justifications I’ve heard for eating non-human animals and deliver some light commentary.  But hey, don’t get yourself in an uproar.  I’m not trying to take your meat away from you.  I’m just talking and talking never hurt anyone, right?  So let’s go.

Let me start with something I hear all the time: meat tastes good and one just can’t imagine life without shoving chunks of it into one’s mouth at regular intervals... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!