Thursday, July 25, 2013

Zimmerman Opens the Door

Welcome friends!

I guess I’ll have to put off the follow-up piece on hyper-egotism and nationalism yet again because I just can’t seem to resist spouting off on that Zimmerman case that was all over the news a few weeks ago.  (Maybe I’ll just stop mentioning the hyper-egotism follow-up for a while, OK?  I’ll get to it when I get to it; but probably next time.  No, really.)

So just a quick recap of what we’re talking about this time.  If you recall, George Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch guy who was walking around his neighborhood one fine evening with a gun in his pocket, saw a black teenager named Trayvon Martin walking down the street, didn’t like what he saw, accosted the kid, exchanged words and apparently blows, and to make a long story short shot the kid dead... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!