Thursday, November 8, 2012

Behold The Beauty Of American Democracy

Welcome friends!

Well, the presidential election cycle has finally ended here in the US and that’s something that I think we can all be thankful for, regardless of our political persuasion.  We haven’t seen such an incessant torrent of invective, distortion, rhetorical nonsense, and all around claptrap in many a year.  But that’s not the subject of my post for today.  No, my post today is actually about the beauty and power of American democracy.  What?  You think I’m being a little inconsistent?  I can’t get my story straight?  Oh, I beg to differ, my friend!

I think the point on which many casual observers can get themselves a little confused when trying to evaluate a democracy like the one we have here in the US is to make the conceptual mistake of viewing it as simply a technocratic system for determining optimal government policy... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!