Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mitt Romney and the Famous 47 Percent

Welcome friends!

I know you’re probably getting pretty tired of reading about it, I know I am, but it’s just too irritating a story to let go without putting in my own two cents worth, so how about that secret tape of Mitt Romney talking to a roomful of fat cats about how his job is not to worry about the forty seven percent of Americans who pay no income taxes, are dependent on government, feel entitled to handouts, take no responsibility for their own lives, and are therefore bound to vote for President Obama.  (What?  Don’t like that fat cat jibe?  I don’t know, fifty thousand dollars a plate sounds pretty fat cat to me.)

The first thing that jumps out at me about this story is why do we have to start with a secret tape of a closed door meeting with fat cats?  If these are Mr. Romney’s real thoughts on the issue why can’t he just give a speech to everyone and talk about them openly?  ... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!