Friday, August 19, 2011

Religion and the Great I in the Sky

Welcome friends!

I was reading another religious diatribe the other day that was basically arguing that gay people don’t really exist (apparently everyone is really straight but some straight people insist on “acting gay,” which actually would be a little irritating if you think about it), and it got me thinking about why so many religious folk seem to be so challenged by the concept of human sexual diversity and other issues that scientists and researchers have accepted for years, such as the basic soundness of the theory of evolution.  I think I had a sort of epiphany, which is that these phenomena point to a fundamental problem inherent in much of Western religion: intellectual hubris and egotism...  Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!