Thursday, December 31, 2015

Republicans, Nazis, and the Conservative Menace

Welcome friends!

Looks like this will be my last post for 2015.  Instead of doing an end of the year summary or clearing up any little stories I might have missed as I’ve done in the past I think one aspect of this last year was significant enough to warrant a final post all to its own.  Can you guess?  Yes, I’m talking about the rise of populist windbag politician par excellence Donald Trump; the one man who I feel most fully expresses the great garbage heap lying at the head and heart of today’s conservative movement.  What’s interesting about that?  Well, it seems to me we’ve never had a politician in this country so closely resemble one of our most despised foreign enemies from the dark days of the twentieth century, Adolf Hitler, and yet remain so beloved and admired by good old boy conservatives right across the USA.  It’s been an eye opener for me.  But that’s fine.  Knowledge is good.  Let’s talk about it... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!