Thursday, August 13, 2015

Archie Trump for President!

Welcome friends!

I was reading the other day about a clown convention covered by Fox “News” or some such outfit and it got me thinking about the vast gulf separating conservative and liberal thinking about one’s civic duty in terms of voting or perhaps about what makes a person a suitable candidate to become president of the US.  I suppose they’re both moderately interesting questions but for me the ambiguity is the most intriguing element; the eternal struggle to get at what conservatives really think.

Lest you get the wrong end of the stick I suppose I should mention I don’t normally spend a lot of time on conservative politics.  It’s been some time since I’ve come across anything I would consider novel or interesting from that side of the aisle.  Indeed, I suspect the last time they had an original insight was probably around 1850 or so.  God and rich people pretty much sums it up.  Sorry, I meant the “free market.”  It’s been pretty much the same story for over a century now.  Well, maybe they do a bit of repackaging now and then.  You know; uptown or downtown, hot or cold, divinely ordained or natural order or socially optimal or Pareto optimal, that sort of thing.  Certainly not anything that would command one’s attention on a regular basis but good for a laugh now and then.

What got me a little more interested than usual in the workings of the conservatives’ perpetual wind machine was a humorous little story I read the other day about arch-conservative, billionaire, reality TV show personality, and front runner for the Republican nomination for president of the United States Donald Trump.  The story was a quick listing of what the author of that article considered some of Mr. Trump’s more asinine utterances from a catalog that must now number in the hundreds if not thousands and surely requires daily updating... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!