Thursday, March 5, 2015

Republican Proves Saying Stupid Things Is A Choice

Welcome friends!

Once again I find myself driven to set aside more substantive issues to address the news of the day.  Well, never mind.  It’s fun to mix things up now and then.  So did you catch the latest bit of claptrap spewing forth from the Stupid Party, sorry, I mean the Republican Party?  In case it’s not obvious which noteworthy utterance I’m referencing this week let me just specify that I’m talking about 2016 Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson’s theory that a “a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight ... and when they come out, they’re gay,” which according to Mr. Carson proves that one can choose to be gay or not.  Honestly, where do they get these people?

Let me start by taking a few brief moments to address Mr. Carson’s theory and get that out of the way and then I’ll say a few words about what I personally find the much more interesting element of this story... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!