Thursday, January 22, 2015

Anti-Islamization or Something

Welcome friends!

The recent murder spree by Muslim religious fanatics in Paris (as well as the efforts of a Muslim hostage to help some non-Muslim hostages escape the aforementioned murderous fanatics) got me thinking a bit more about those so-called “anti-Islamization” demonstrations in Germany and the amusing variety of reactions in the media.  So much confusion and most of it about words as usual.  I wonder; could we all please try to be a little more careful about how we say things so we can spend a little more time discussing the issues that divide us and a little less time talking past one another and getting unnecessarily annoyed?  Is that really too much to ask? ... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!