Thursday, October 30, 2014

Economic Conservatism Chinese Style

Welcome friends!

I thought this time out I might as well complete my thoughts from last week.  In case you can’t remember back that far or have chosen to forget, which would be entirely understandable, I was discussing how I spend most of my time fighting the good fight against the two headed monster of conservatism here in the US but I realize each head of our domestic monster has a foreign counterpart that’s both uglier and meaner.  Last time I talked about social conservatism in majority Muslim countries, which makes our own domestic social conservatism look like tiddlywinks.  This time I thought I might say a few words about the strident economic conservatism coming out of the authoritarian market state that is contemporary China, which I suppose in some ways must represent an alluring albeit as yet unattainable Shangri-La for economic conservatives here in the US.  

I suppose if you’re a relative old timer like me and you haven’t been following the news very closely for the past several decades you may have a little trouble visualizing contemporary China... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!