Thursday, June 13, 2013

A View of Mount Snowden: The Biggest Ego in North America

Welcome friends!

Well, looks like we have yet another case where I feel I must interrupt my normally scheduled programming to respond to the news of the day.  I really don’t like doing it but you know sometimes I just can’t keep my big mouth shut.  So this week I’ve decided to join the fray and provide some commentary on the Edward Snowden issue.  To avoid any undue mental tension let me just state at the outset that I’m in the camp that views Mr. Snowden more as a traitor than a hero.  (Yes, I realize that puts me on the same side of the aisle as arch-Republican House Speaker John Boehner on this one.  I know, the world is a funny place sometimes, isn’t it?)  On the other hand, I wouldn’t exactly call Mr. Snowden a traitor of epic proportions.  More like traitor light.  Or maybe I just don’t know how serious it really was.  I know Mr. Boehner and others are convinced that he put other Americans at risk and maybe they know something I don’t, but I’m just going by what’s obvious to me.  Anyway, I think the more interesting aspect of the whole issue is really the light Mr. Snowden’s actions shed on some rather troubling underlying trends in American society that to me are much more significant than any single breach of security... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!