Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Welcome friends!

Well, I see another Christmas season is upon us.  My my, how time does fly.  Always a great excuse to turn my attention once again to the problem of religion.  I took a quick scan of the papers to see what manner of religious lunacy we’ve had recently and the thing that caught my eye this year was televangelist Pat Robertson’s recent comments to the effect that Christians really need to come to terms with scientific knowledge about the age of the earth.  I found the story rather interesting because in some ways it gets to the heart of the whole problem of religion for me.  No, I’m not talking about the age of the earth.  Who the heck cares about that?  Well, actually, I do.  But not right now.  No, at the moment I’m talking about the relationship of the human brain to religion and just basically what it means to be human... Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!