Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas

Welcome friends!
Well, it’s the holiday season once again here in the US so I’d like to take a moment to wish everyone a merry Christmas.  I suppose some people may think it’s a little strange for an atheist to be wishing people a merry Christmas.  Not sensible people, of course, I mean people like whoever wrote the article I saw in the paper the other day entitled Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?  Yeah buddy, I don’t mean to shock you or anything, but many atheists celebrate Christmas.  Well, OK, I suppose it might be worthwhile to say a few words about that.  
First of all, I would suggest that many of the traditions that we associate with Christmas here in the US are not particularly Christian...  Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!