Friday, October 28, 2011

Uganda Be Kidding Me

Welcome friends!

I think I’d like to go back a bit this time and discuss a story that came out of Uganda a couple of years ago.  (Yeah, I know, it’s Christmas in July!  But it’s not as though the same thing couldn’t happen today.  Anyway, as I must have mentioned before, this site is not really about breaking news; it’s about social trends and currents that have been around for years and will probably be around for years to come.)  You can watch a documentary video of the story I’m talking about on You Tube under the title Missionaries of Hate, which I’m pretty sure I saw on TV in 2010 under the title Illegal to Be Gay.  It’s really a rather eye opening window on the international social conservative mind.

The basic story is that some politicians in Uganda recently put forward a bill calling for life imprisonment or in some cases death for gay people...  Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!