Friday, April 15, 2011

Burning Books

Welcome friends!

Did you see the news stories about the recent mayhem in Afghanistan that was ostensibly a reaction to the pastor of some small US Christian church burning a copy of the Quran?  In an article I read on April 5th the toll was twenty-one dead with an additional seventy-three people injured.  Pretty barbaric stuff, but it got me thinking about two themes that I think are important for liberals and secular humanists everywhere: religion and free speech.

Well, actually, I guess it didn’t say that much about religion that we don’t all already know perfectly well...  Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!