Friday, February 18, 2011

The Fractured Conservative Psyche

Welcome friends!

I was reading an article the other day on the mysteries of conservatives’ dual love affairs with guns and anti-government rhetoric, and I was struck by the number of comments that linked owning guns to what they characterized as the patriotic prospect of engaging the US government in violent conflict.  It got me wondering why this particular fantasy has such a grip on the imagination of such a large swath of the American public, who ultimately benefits from it and how, and what it bodes for the future.

First of all, I suppose I should state the obvious and note that there is no particular mystery about the genesis of this general cultural theme...  Sorry but only selected archived (previous year) posts are currently available full text on this website.  All posts including this one are available in my annual anthology ebook series available at the Amazon Kindle Bookstore for a nominal fee.  Hey, we all need to make a buck somehow, right?  If you find my timeless jewels of wisdom amusing or perhaps even amusingly irritating throw me a bone now and then.  Thank you my friends!